From the recipe box of Kaye Krebs:
- Mix 1 pkg 8 oz cream cheese (room temp) with 1/2 C mayonnaise and 1 pkg Good Seasons Italian salad dressing mix.
- Beat with mixer until smooth and well-mixed. Refrigerate until flavors blend or overnight.
- Cut crusts from 3 loaves Pepperidge Farm white sandwich bread; cut each slice into quarters.
- Spread with thin layer of cream cheese mixture (room temp), top with thin slices of cucumbers (rind on) and a sprinkle of dill.
- Use wax paper between layers for storage or the sandwiches will get soggy.
I doubled this recipe and ran out. You can never make enough, it’s a Southern staple. Enjoy!